If you want to see past push messages - there is now a list of past push messages in the Tii App. When you open the Tii App tap on "Tii" in the lower left. You should then be taken to the list of Episodes. In the upper right - tap on the "!" It will then turn Yellow and at the top of the screen it will say "All Alerts". You will now see the list of past push messages.
If you are not getting Push messages on the Tii App please check the following.
A - See if push is showing as installed
1. Open the Tii App
2. Tap "Extras" in the upper right
3. At the bottom Tap "Upgrade to Premium"
4. At this point it should say "Installed" next to "Premium Upgrade". If it says "Installed" go to Step B below.
5. If it is showing a Price - then Tap on the Price to re-purchase. Make sure you are using the same iTunes account you originally used to purchase the upgrade and the App. Please note you will NOT be charged again for re-purchasing the upgrade if you use the same iTunes account.
6. After you put in your password it will then say you have already purchased this do you want to download it again for free. Tap "Yes"
That should be it. Tap Done - then go back to confirm it now shows as "Installed"
B. See if Notifications are turned on.
1. If step A showed Push as being installed it is possible it is not turned on.
2. Leave the Tii app and go to the "Settings" App. The one from Apple.
3. The third item on the first screen in the Settings app is "Notifications" tap on it.
4. Find the Tii app in the list. Under Tii it should say "Alerts, Sounds"
5. If it says "Off" tap on Tii to turn on either or both Alerts and Sounds.
Note - If you don't want to hear a push come in at 3 or 4 AM you can turn just "Sounds" off. Please note I have listeners in every time zone in the world - So every time I send out a push it is around 3 or 4 AM somewhere. Sorry.
C - Quick Re-install of Tii App.
If you are still not getting push messages you can do a quick re-install of the Tii App by doing the following:
1. On your iOS device locate the Tii icon and tap and hold.
2. Once it starts to wiggle - Tap the X to delete.
3. Sync your iOS device with your computer
4. In iTunes - select your iOS device and go to the Apps page and re-select the Tii App and click "Apply"
5. Follow the steps in A and B above.
D - Full Delete and Re-Download and Re-Install
In some very very rare cases if all the above is not working it may be necessary to completely delete out the Tii App and re-download and re-install. Please follow these steps exactly in the order they are listed.
1. Delete the Tii App from your iOS device.
2. On your computer in iTunes in the Library section for Apps - find and delete the Tii App.
3. Connect your iOS device to your Computer and Sync.
4. In the iTunes store re-purchase the Tii App - Note as long as you use the same iTunes account that you originally purchased the Tii App with you will NOT be charged again.
5. Sync your iOS Device again - this should re-install the Tii App on your iOS device.
6. Follow the Steps in A and B above.
Note - You do need to have purchased the Tii App and the Push notifications - using the same iTunes Account to get Push Notifications working. If you downloaded the Tii App using Instal0us - you will not be able to get Push notifications to work. (That is a statement not a challenge)
As always - Thanks for supporting the show.