If you want to see past push messages - there is now a list of past push messages in the Tii App. When you open the Tii App tap on "Tii" in the lower left. You should then be taken to the list of Episodes. In the upper right - tap on the "!" It will then turn Yellow and at the top of the screen it will say "All Alerts". You will now see the list of past push messages.
If you are not getting Push messages on the Tii App please check the following.
A - See if push is showing as installed
1. Open the Tii App
2. Tap "Extras" in the upper right
3. At the bottom Tap "Upgrade to Premium"
4. At this point it should say "Installed" next to "Premium Upgrade". If it says "Installed" go to Step B below.
5. If it is showing a Price - then Tap on the Price to re-purchase. Make sure you are using the same iTunes account you originally used to purchase the upgrade and the App. Please note you will NOT be charged again for re-purchasing the upgrade if you use the same iTunes account.
6. After you put in your password it will then say you have already purchased this do you want to download it again for free. Tap "Yes"
That should be it. Tap Done - then go back to confirm it now shows as "Installed"
B. See if Notifications are turned on.
1. If step A showed Push as being installed it is possible it is not turned on.
2. Leave the Tii app and go to the "Settings" App. The one from Apple.
3. The third item on the first screen in the Settings app is "Notifications" tap on it.
4. Find the Tii app in the list. Under Tii it should say "Alerts, Sounds"
5. If it says "Off" tap on Tii to turn on either or both Alerts and Sounds.
Note - If you don't want to hear a push come in at 3 or 4 AM you can turn just "Sounds" off. Please note I have listeners in every time zone in the world - So every time I send out a push it is around 3 or 4 AM somewhere. Sorry.
C - Quick Re-install of Tii App.
If you are still not getting push messages you can do a quick re-install of the Tii App by doing the following:
1. On your iOS device locate the Tii icon and tap and hold.
2. Once it starts to wiggle - Tap the X to delete.
3. Sync your iOS device with your computer
4. In iTunes - select your iOS device and go to the Apps page and re-select the Tii App and click "Apply"
5. Follow the steps in A and B above.
D - Full Delete and Re-Download and Re-Install
In some very very rare cases if all the above is not working it may be necessary to completely delete out the Tii App and re-download and re-install. Please follow these steps exactly in the order they are listed.
1. Delete the Tii App from your iOS device.
2. On your computer in iTunes in the Library section for Apps - find and delete the Tii App.
3. Connect your iOS device to your Computer and Sync.
4. In the iTunes store re-purchase the Tii App - Note as long as you use the same iTunes account that you originally purchased the Tii App with you will NOT be charged again.
5. Sync your iOS Device again - this should re-install the Tii App on your iOS device.
6. Follow the Steps in A and B above.
Note - You do need to have purchased the Tii App and the Push notifications - using the same iTunes Account to get Push Notifications working. If you downloaded the Tii App using Instal0us - you will not be able to get Push notifications to work. (That is a statement not a challenge)
As always - Thanks for supporting the show.
Past Push Messages:
9/8/10 - 1:55 PM CST - iOS 4.1 is now available - if you dare. Please email/call in with your experience.
9/8/10 - 10:47 AM CST - Reminder - Make sure you do a backup before upgrading to iOS 4.1 - Do it now so you don't forget.
9/1/10 - 11:52 AM CST - Live streaming is well live for Apple Event - http://bit.ly/cpqy2B
8/31/10 - 11:01 PM CST - Apple to Provide Live Video Streaming of Sep 1 event - http://bit.ly/a3shkg
8/29/10 - 11:21 AM CST - New Blog post on Apples Sept 1st Event - Bingo Card - http://bit.ly/bRVFLK
8/20/10 - 8:41 AM CST - Just put up a post with detailed instructions on how to get Frash (flash) on your iOS device - http://bit.ly/byilPH
8/11/10 - 4:28 PM CST - New iOS update avail now disables jailbreak exploit. Don't upgrade if you want to jailbreak - otherwise update away. http://bit.ly/9VnCVg
8/4/10 - 1:46 PM CST - Unlocking now available for iOS 4.0.x iPhones - http://bit.ly/cY27Rc
8/2/10 - 11:30 AM CST - I posted a video of the full jailbreak procedure for iOS 4.0.x - http://bit.ly/9VIuOf
8/1/10 - 9:13 PM CST - New Jailbreak for iOS 4.x is out - sort of - some issues. http://bit.ly/cZJOMc
7/26/10 - 11:15 AM CST - US Govt. makes Jailbreaking LEGAL - Yeah baby - http://bit.ly/cT8k4J
7/23/10 - 3:03 PM CST -Apple starts iPhone Case program for iP4 - Get yours now. http://bit.ly/dvNcdn
7/18/10 - 3:40 PM CST - Thanks to Tyler for the heads up - Tron is free right now. http://bit.ly/8XUskY
7/16/10 - 12:33 PM CST - Steve say free bumper cases for all iPhone 4 buyers - refunds for those that already purchased one.
7/16/10 - 11:05 AM CST - Thanks @coffeygrinds for this great link - http://bit.ly/bj8mDx
7/15/10 - 3:50 PM CST - New Blog post about Apple event tomorrow. http://bit.ly/9iOY8w
7/15/10 - 2:50 PM CST - iOS 4.0.1 is now available - email me your experience with the update.
7/13/10 - 2:15 PM CST - Please email me pictures of unique ways you hold or modified your iPhone 4 to avoid the Antenna issue.
7/7/10 - 10:10 AM CST - Tii App - V 1.7.1 now available - Bug fix and Voice Over improvements - http://bit.ly/1sU0Wg
7/5/10 - 6:42 PM CST - Here are my thoughts on the iTunes accounts that were compromised - http://bit.ly/czpRBQ
7/2/10 - 9:31 AM CST - Apple finally gives an explanation on the iPhone4 antenna issue http://bit.ly/a3FkOV
6/26/10 - 1:47 AM CST - My thoughts on the iPhone4 Antenna Reception issue. http://bit.ly/bgbwpH
6/24/10 - 5:17 PM CST V1.7 of the Tii is now available - iOS4 multitasking/background play and downloads plus Bluetooth support. Yeah.
6/21/10 - 4:47 PM CST - Depending on where you live next time you check iOS4 should be available for update.
6/15/10 - 8:13 AM CST - Lots of reports of the Apple system crashing / timing out - Be patient and try again. http://tii.libsyn.com/pre_ordering_the_i_phone_4
6/15/10 - 7:01 AM CST - You can preorder iPhone 4 now - Just black - not White - Bummer. http://store.apple.com/us/go/iphone4
6/11/10 - 9:24 AM CST - To check your ability to upgrade early dial *639# from your iPhone and look for the Text message.
6/9/10 - 3:30 PM CST - If you have a mac and want iOS 4 NOW - see this link. http://bit.ly/aR36Kr 6/8/10 - 8:57 AM CST - Next episode will be out later tonight Central US Time. Sorry for the delay.
6/7/10 - 1:58 PM CST - iPhone 4 - PreOrder June 15th - available June 24th. US, FR, Germany, UK, Japan
6/7/10 - 12:55 PM CST - iPhone 4 - 5 Megpixel camera w/ LED flash - Video HD at 720P 30 fps.
6/7/10 - 12:55 PM CST - iPhone 4 - 40% better battery life compared to 3GS - And it has a gyroscope.
6/7/10 - 12:42 PM CST - Screen resolution of the iPhone 4 - 326 DPI - WOW - Metal band around phone is the antennas. Nice
6/7/10 - 12:39 PM CST - iPhone 4 announced - pretty much the gizmodo phone, front camera yeah.
6/3/10 - If you have a 3G iPad - It is Urgent you read this link.
Today in iOS (iPhone) is the original iPhone Podcast and has been produced weekly since April 2007. A typical episode will have over 30,000 unique downloads - with some episodes getting well over 40,000 unique downloads. In addition there is another 1,000+ streams via Stitcher Radio per episode.
We have both in show Audio ads and on site banner ads available.
Standard Options are as follows:
Option 1 - 300 x 100 Side Banner for 1 Month. (See Terms for Banners Below)
Option 2 - Up to 60 second host read ad for one episode.
Option 3 - 300 x 100 Side Banner for 1 Month and 60 Sec ad in one episode.
Option 4 - 300 x 100 Side Banner for 1 Month and 60 Sec ad in two episodes.
To learn more about pricing for these and other options send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host - Today in iOS (iPhone) Podcast
In order to protect the integrity of this site and the integrity of advertisers on this site the following are our Banner Advertising Terms and Conditions:
What differentiates the Today in iOS (iPhone) podcast from all the others is YOU!! Every Tii Episode features comments from the listeners. We want to hear from you. Please either call in or email your comments, questions, tips, reviews, rants and more to:
You can also follow me on Twitter - @podcast411